Basic Purpose: Plans, develops, and directs the outbound marketing efforts for assigned products. Develops and communicates product strategy(ies) and innovative marketing programs that drive product demand. Coordinates Marketing activities with: Communications Manager/Coordinator in production, advertising, promotion, and package development; Research and Development, Market Research, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Distribution, Regulatory and Finance.
Areas of primary accountability:
1. Participate and lead Cross-Functional teams comprised of Marketing, Product Development, and Regulatory. The purpose of the Cross-Functional team is to manage assigned products from inception until the product is discontinued.
2. Develops and implements strategic marketing plans (3 – 5 years) for assigned products through analysis of product positioning, packaging, pricing strategies and sales volumes.
3. Implements and manages pricing programs and structures for the company’s assigned products that meet margin goals set by management.
4. Conceptualizes and enforces the visual identity of the company’s products. Preserves consistency while ensuring that all branded materials express the most effective and recognizable company message.
5. Plans and coordinates and leads new product development and launches including regulatory, packaging, volume forecasting, manufacturing, production and development of marketing communications.
6. Monitors industry and market trends and requirements for current and future products by initiating market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers. Responsible for collection and analysis of competitive programs and pricing
7. Participates on the New Products Committee and performs necessary tasks to assist with the acquisition and development of new products/product lines for addition to the assigned products line.
8. Conceptualizes and assists Marketing Communications in the development and implementation of Assigned Products promotional programs and advertising campaign concepts, collateral and advertising materials.
9. Develops and implements product and program training materials for assigned products sales personnel, including outside distributor’s representatives.
10. Develops an in-depth understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements to better analyze current market conditions, competitor information, and customer research.
11. Responsible for preparation of and adherence to annual Marketing budget for assigned product line(s).
12. Understand and adhere to all company guidelines and protocols.
Basic Position Specifications:
Education: Bachelor's degree (MBA preferred)
Experience: 5 years in sales and/or marketing product management
Specialized knowledge and/or skills:
Agriculture, agronomy, or lawn and garden industry experience preferred; ability to translate complex technical capabilities into compelling customer benefits, experience in launch and lifecycle management including line extensions. Must be results oriented and creative; possess strong interpersonal, communication, time management, negotiation and analytical skills; and have entrepreneurial leanings. Skilled in Word, Excel, and Power Point