Senior Marketing Communications Specialist (Products and Services)
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
Responsible for product marketing communications strategy, development and execution. Responsible for planning, creating and implementing marketing and customer communications programs and vehicles.
Utilizes creative and analytical thinking skills to recommend and produce communications materials for a variety of internal and external audiences as needed in the Corporate & Customer Communications department.
Effectiveness is measured by meeting communications objectives, as defined for specific projects and initiatives, on-time and on-budget and according to communications industry best practices.
Contacts are company-wide and at nearly all levels, plus external contacts with suppliers, and various production providers.
· Client-service mentality and ability -- Strong ability and confidence level with anticipating and identifying business partner needs, forming recommendations, and articulating these recommendations as a communications counselor to internal clients. Excellent written and verbal communication, coordination, and presentation skills. Keeps abreast of communications best practices in order to effectively interpret business needs and provide strategic counsel to internal clients.
· Make strategic marketing communications recommendations for promoting COMPANY products and services, including product launch strategies, driving enrollments and contributing to meeting sales targets. Write and edit product and service collateral.
· Understanding of content marketing strategy and execution. Develop and execute projects and related content that support overall brand positioning and messaging for the products and services, but being mindful of how individual product plans need to tie into overall corporate initiatives. Strong experience in this area preferred.
· Clear understanding of how to utilize segmentation information for marketing communications strategies and tactics.
· Stay current on information and trends within industry and marketing communications industry with a focus on up-to-date best practices.
· Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team. Work cooperatively with key team members, clients and vendors.
· Excellent project management skills.
· Excellent communication, written and verbal skills, including confidentiality
· Flexibility and ability to operate in a sometimes ambiguous and rapidly evolving environment.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and familiar with Desktop Publishing and presentation software. Experience with CRM, CMS and EMS systems preferred, including Eloqua.
· Outstanding time management and organizational skills required.
· Proven ability to work independently and make progress while keeping supervisor appropriately informed and consulted.
· Must demonstrate interpersonal skills. Ability to collaborate and influence internal partners.
· Develop strategic marketing communications plans that include clear objectives, strategies, tactics, timelines and budgets. Ability to obtain buy-in from various internal stakeholders on such plans. Ability to execute upon commitments from plans.
· Develop, write and produce customer communication materials including: bill inserts, bill messages, newsletters and newsletter articles, inter and intranet information, brochures, point-of-purchase displays, trade show materials, and any other communications vehicles required.
· Manage all projects within budgets and timelines. Meet all deadlines.
· Proficiently write for internal and external communications. Provide proofreading and editing assistance as required.
· Maximize marketing communications resources and obtain efficient production of materials. Work with and direct consultants, vendors and advertising agencies as needed.
· Manage a variety of customer communications vehicles, as assigned. Identify opportunities to enhance and improve customer communications vehicles and make recommendations to Manager Customer Communications.
· Other communications responsibilities as needed and assigned.
· Bachelors degree in Mass Communications, Marketing or related discipline.
· 5-7 years experience within a marketing communications or corporate communications department or as a writer or account executive at an advertising or public relations agency preferred.
· Experience managing multiple direct reports preferred.
· Strong writing and editing skills.
· Developed verbal and presentation skills.
· Knowledge and experience of external communication practices.
· Experience in industry is preferred but not mandatory.
· Effective people skills, communication (oral and written) and project management also are essential.
· Off-hours commitments and availability will be necessary at times.
Of qualified and interested please send resume to email@example.com