Hi and thanks for looking for the opening if you feel you’re a fit for this position feel free to send me your résumé firstname.lastname@example.org
If I see a match I’ll get back with you and we can schedule a time for an interview thank you, Bill Poindexter
KS | MO | OK | GA | TX
Senior Brand Strategist
The Senior Brand Strategist serves as the primary strategic client contact and is responsible for unearthing and delivering critical insights that guide advertising and marketing communications. This person is responsible for leading the design of the brand strategy for our clients, as well as collaborating with other cross-discipline colleagues to build the firm’s intelligence on our focus industries and relevant behavioral science as it relates to company. This position reports to the Director of Brand Strategy and works alongside other Brand Strategists, Content Strategists and Data Insights team members.
This role will support the Brand Strategy team in educating and inspiring staff and clients – working with Public Relations, Account Management, Creative and Media disciplines – to deliver resonant work that gets results and is recognized on a local, regional or national level. The person in this role is expected to be self-motivated and highly collaborative. Success for the role will come through success for the team.
The Senior Brand Strategist will:
- Lead: Confidently lead strategic discussions with clients and colleagues, and make recommendations based on project scopes and identified opportunities for client business growth.
- Think strategically: Engage a team through well-crafted point of view derived from insights, and craft a narrative that inspires big creative ideas and represents the voice of the customer. Synthesize information, observations and data to succinctly communicate the strategy.
- Push teams (internal and client-based) out of comfort zones.
- Engage clients in business issues that range beyond advertising and marketing.
- Present stories: Build concise presentations and engage internal teams and clients through storytelling.
- Manage relationships: Participate in meaningful dialogue with clients and colleagues of all levels, and develop trusted relationships based on a deep understanding of the businesses we are serving.
The requirements and experience the Senior Brand Strategist must have include:
- 6+ years of experience in Brand Strategy, Account Planning and creative problem solving
- Experience in working with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Ability to work directly with clients and develop relationships on behalf of the agency
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills with a strong command of the client subject matter
- Strong attention to detail and ability to navigate multiple clients and team priorities with ease.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the desire to collaborate and learn from others
- Knowledge of database sources (such as Nielsen, MRI and Scarborough)
- Ambition in keeping up with the industries and experience in educating colleagues and clients on relevant trends and opportunities
Exceptional benefits include:
- Access to online learning platforms to continue honing your craft
- Up to $500 a year to put toward qualified wellness expenses, like your gym membership
- After one year, we’ll reimburse up to 50% of tuition costs for approved continuing education
- After eight years, enjoy a 4-week paid sabbatical, plus a $750 reimbursement for international travel
Of course, we also:
- Provide health, dental and vision insurance.
- Offer salaries commensurate with experience.
- Offer both traditional and Roth 401k plans with employer matching.
- Are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Company. We firmly believe in the importance of a diverse workforce to create work that resonates and represents both our clients and the markets they serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
With offices in Kansas City, MO and Wichita, KS, employees at Company are comfortable working virtually with colleagues in another city. While nothing can completely replace in-person communication, for this position, we are open to employees working in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas or Georgia.